Signs Of Frozen Pipes
Since the polar vortex here in Northeast Ohio, many homeowners have concerns about the pipes in their homes. Here at Verne & Ellsworth Hann, we’ve had our fair share of calls regarding frozen and burst pipes. Here are 4 signs your homes pipes may be frozen.
- Frost on pipes: You may be able to see frost on the exterior of exposed pipes, like those under your sinks.
- No water coming out of faucet: If you turn your faucet on and there is no water or very little water coming out, you most likely have a frozen pipe.
- Water leaking from ceiling, wall or in the basement: This is a sure sign that the pipes have frozen and burst. Water expands when it freezes which causes pressure on pipes. The pressure can cause leaks or cracks.
- A bad smell from faucets or drains: If a pipe is blocked, the odor will come up through your faucets or drains.
If you experience any of these signs, call Verne & Ellsworth Hann immediately. Always take precautions, such as turning your heat up, leaving faucets running, and opening cabinet doors to expose pipes to heat.
Located in Cleveland Heights, Verne & Ellsworth Hann has been a leader in heating, cooling and plumbing for over 64 years. Operated by Bill and Chris Hann, Verne & Ellsworth is a family-run HVAC and plumbing company in Cleveland.
Why Choose Verne & Ellsworth Hann?
5 Generations of Hann Family Experience
- One of the oldest family-run businesses in Cleveland Heights
- Angi Super Service Award and Best of the Heights Award
- Outstanding customer service
- Committed to professionalism and integrity
- Licensed and insured technicians