5 Generations of Hann Family Experience
Located in Cleveland Heights, brothers Verne & Ellsworth Hann started their HVAC business in 1952. They were among the region’s first to develop expertise in newly popular central air-conditioning. Ellsworth’s son, William A. Hann, took ownership 21 years later and expanded with plumbing, whole-house repiping, and innovative service contracts that gave customers worry-free maintenance.
In 2000, William’s sons, Chris and Bill Hann, bought the company. They expanded in 2015, moving two blocks north, still located on Lee Road in Cleveland Heights. Today, Verne & Ellsworth Hann is a 5th generation company, serving the heating and cooling needs of Northeast Ohio homeowners.
The brothers and their team are certified to provide a wide range of heating, cooling, and plumbing services, including installation, maintenance, and repair.
Verne & Ellsworth Hann was founded on the principles of professionalism, integrity, and outstanding customer service. These values live on today under the leadership of brothers Chris and Bill Hann, who provide customers all over Cleveland with quality services and products at honest prices. Our core values include:
- Integrity: We will always strive to conduct our business ethically and stand behind our word.
- Quality: We will offer great solutions to difficult problems and conduct ourselves with high-quality workmanship.
- Empathy: We will be understanding of every individual’s unique circumstance.
- Positivity: We believe positivity is contagious and helps to make even difficult situations easier to bear.
- Growth: We will push ourselves to become better every day. This will occur through training, accountability, and self-reflection.
- Teamwork: No one can do it alone. We will work collectively, helping to bolster each other and working with mutual respect.
- Family: We understand there is more to life than work and will support one another’s families.
Our mission at Verne & Ellsworth Hann is to provide our customers with quality services and products in an honest and profitable manner and reward our employees fairly for their contributions. We aim to exceed expectations by continually evolving technically and by maintaining our involvement in your community.
The Story Behind Our Logo
If you’re driving around Northeast Ohio, chances are you’ve spotted one of our company vehicles. Verne & Ellsworth Hann’s logo is prominent with green and yellow arrows. You may be curious about the story behind the arrows and behind our logo. Verne & Ellsworth Hann has been locally owned and operated in Cleveland Heights for over 64 years. Our headquarters, currently at 2026 Lee Road, was previously located at 2277 Lee Road. The arrows of our logo represent Lee Road, Silsby Road, and Meadowbrook Boulevard. If you look at a map, you will see these roads make the arrows of Verne & Ellsworth Hann’s logo at our previous location.