A hot water tank (also called a hot water heater) is an indispensable component of every Ohio house. Hot water is easy to take for granted, but is essential to so many important aspects of daily living, from taking a shower to washing your clothes. However, like all pieces of equipment used daily, hot water tanks eventually develop problems and can fail without warning.
Here are a few signs commonly seen in Northeast Ohio that a hot water heater might need repair or replacement:
- Your hot water tank is approaching the end of its 8-to-10 year lifespan
- There is dampness or water leaking around the tank
- Hot water from your taps is colored or tinted
- Your water’s temperature is decreasing even if you haven’t changed the setting
- The tank is not producing enough hot water, indicating that the heater does not have a fast enough recovery time to fill your home’s hot water needs or that the pilot light may have gone out
Your everyday life quickly comes to a halt when you find yourself living without hot water. If your hot water tank is in need of repair, the best course of action is to call a trusted local plumber.
Verne & Ellsworth Hann is a comprehensive plumbing contractor with a specialization in repairing all types of hot water tanks, whether they are powered by natural gas or electricity. And because our friendly technicians are licensed, bonded, and insured, you can trust that your hot water heater will be repaired quickly and stay fixed. Out of the many plumbing contractors available in Northeast Ohio, Verne & Ellsworth Hann’s commitment to putting customers first sets us apart; we invite you to see what makes us so special for yourself.