The main water line that leads to a home or business is undoubtedly the most important part of any plumbing system. All the fresh, clean water that you and your family uses every day comes from a single supply water line below the street which runs under your property and into your home through a crawlspace, basement wall, or concrete slab.
Keeping water flowing to Cleveland homes for decades
The heart of every Northeast Ohio house’s plumbing system
How do I know if my water line has a problem?
Even though water lines are designed to function correctly for decades, sooner or later cracks will inevitably develop for a variety of reasons, including: growing tree roots; the buildup of minerals or other residue in the pipe; high water pressure; ground movement, freezing, or thawing; acidic soil; or general deterioration due to aging pipes. Because your water lines are underground, any issues that may be developing are often invisible until a major problem is formed. You do not want to find out your water line needs repair when your home is flooding! Here are some symptoms of a leaky water line that many Northeast Ohio homeowners experience:
- Sudden drops in water pressure
- Discoloration of tap water
- Wet spots in the yard
- Unusually high water bills
- Visible water leaking from the ground or concrete slab
If you own a home in Greater Cleveland and suspect you have a problem with your water line, call a respected local plumber right away. Putting off a needed water line repair or replacement can result in costly problems down the road. An expert water line repair company like Verne & Ellsworth Hann will be able to diagnose the issue immediately and repair or replace pipes as needed.
Northeast Ohio’s premiere provider of water line installation and repair
At Verne & Ellsworth Hann, we appreciate how disruptive water problems can be to you and your family. That is why our licensed plumbers are dedicated to providing the highest quality service with minimal disruption to your home. We are proud to offer comprehensive help for any water line concern, including:
- Leak testing/detection. Verne & Ellsworth Hann’s licensed plumbers test water lines by first using a special electronic device to pinpoint where the line is underground. If the location of the leak is not readily apparent, the water line is charged with nitrogen gas to locate it.
- Water pipe repair or replacement. In most cases, our plumbers will only need to replace a small section of the water line with new, high-quality piping. Once installed, the line is pressure-tested for leaks and your yard is restored to its original condition, ensuring minimal disruption to your property.
- New water line installation. Verne & Ellsworth Hann is also experienced in installing new water lines, which is essential for many home and garden renovation projects.
If damage to your Cleveland-area home’s water line has you living with low water pressure or no water at all, contact Verne & Ellsworth Hann now for immediate assistance at an honest price.