A home’s heating system is such an integral part of comfortable everyday living that it is easy to take it for granted until disaster strikes. If your home has a boiler heating system, regular maintenance is needed to make sure that everything is in working order when cold weather hits. Hiring a licensed Cleveland heating professional to perform a seasonal tune up can go a long way in ensuring your boiler’s energy efficiency and extending its life.
Comprehensive maintenance and repair for any Cleveland boiler
Don’t let a broken boiler leave you out in the cold
From drips to strange noises: common boiler problems
Fortunately many boiler problems can be caught early if you know the proper signs and symptoms. Homeowners in Northeast Ohio experience the following issues with their boilers:
- The boiler is not getting hot/heating water, which may be due to failed components, or controls.
- The boiler is leaking water, which may result from a cracked boiler section, pressure valve, or indicate that the water pressure is too high.
- The boiler is making strange noises, including banging, whistling, or gurgling. Such noises could indicate that air is trapped in the system or that the water pressure is too high. Your boiler may also be experiencing kettering, a phenomenon that occurs when a boiler makes a kettle-like sound due to the buildup of minerals that restrict water flow.
- The boiler has an odd smell, which may mean that it has a dangerous natural gas leak or other ventilation issue that must be dealt with immediately!
- The pilot light has gone out, which will stop the flow of fuel in gas-powered boilers.
If your Cleveland boiler is due for a tune up or if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms of boiler distress, we recommend calling a reputable heating company as soon as possible.
Comprehensive boiler troubleshooting and repair in Greater Cleveland
No matter what the nature of your boiler concern is, Verne & Ellsworth Hann is ready to help! We have extensive experience repairing all brands of residential and commercial boilers, no matter how old they are. Verne & Ellsworth Hann is proud to offer a full range of boiler maintenance and repair services, including:
- Boiler safety inspections
- Repairing cracks or leaks in boiler piping
- Replacing boiler waterfeeder pumps
- Cleaning boilers and burners
- And many more services!
Contact the friendly Cleveland heating professionals at Verne & Ellsworth Hann today to quickly diagnose and repair any boiler issue!