Today more and more homeowners in Northeast Ohio are enjoying the comfort and reliability of ductless mini-split air conditioning. Ductless AC is designed to cool individual rooms (or “zones”) via wall- or ceiling-mounted units that can be managed individually. As with all HVAC systems, ductless mini-split AC requires regular maintenance to keep up with regular wear and tear and catch any minor issues before they lead to major problems.
During a tune up appointment, a professional cooling technician will:
- Clean and replace filters
- Clean the evaporator coils and outdoor condensing unit
- Inspect refrigerant lines and insulation wraps
- Remove excess debris from the outside unit
- Check fans and blower wheels to ensure they are rotating freely
- Inspect the refrigerant reservoir and top it off if needed
While ductless air conditioners are known for their hardiness, there will come a time your system unexpectedly falters or routine maintenance uncovers a needed repair. Cleveland-area homeowners are likely to face the following common ductless AC problems:
- A broken compressor. Compressors pressurize the refrigerant in an air conditioner, producing cool air. If your ductless system’s compressor is not working properly, it will cause warm air to blow instead of cold air.
- Issues with the indoor blower. Each indoor unit contains a fan, a set of coils, and a filter. A breakdown with any of these components will cause the ductless system to malfunction.
- Problems with refrigerant or condensate drain lines. Each indoor blower connects to the outdoor unit via a refrigerant line and a condensate drain line that run through an external wall; both of these lines can develop leaks or clogs that back up the system.
- Electrical issues. Minor electrical problems will be indicated with a fault code on your unit’s display and can be fixed by referring to the owner’s manual. However if the display is blank, a fuse or circuit breaker may have blown or loose wiring may be to blame.
Ductless mini-split air conditioning is new technology that requires specialized training to repair. The Cleveland cooling professionals at Verne & Ellsworth Hann are bonded, insured, and fully licensed to take on any ductless air conditioner problem, large or small. From routine maintenance to a full system replacement, we guarantee your total satisfaction.